Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 23 kudos

Encrypt and decrypt personal data with Spark Databricks.We create a table that will include personal information. However, we want to hide personal id...

Encrypt and decrypt personal data with Spark Databricks.We create a table that will include personal information. However, we want to hide personal identifiers so no one can see them.We set a key. A key need to have 16, 24, or 32 bytes. 1 byte = 1 ch...

image.png image.png image.png image.png
  • 4 replies
  • 23 kudos
Latest Reply
MaheshDBR
New Contributor II
  • 23 kudos

@Hubert Dudek​ how can we decrypt the data outside of databricks with python? which is encrypted with aes_encrypt

• 23 kudos
3 More Replies
STummala
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi ​@sandeep tummala​ , Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your fe...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
raghub1
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Writing PySpark DataFrame onto AWS Glue throwing error

I have followed the steps as mentioned in this blog : https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aws-glue-data-catalog-metastore-databricks-deepak-rajak/ but when trying to saveAsTable(table_name), it is giving an error as IllegalArgumentException: Path must be ...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hey @Raghu Bharadwaj Tallapragada​ Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue or do you need more help? We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
youssefmrini
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Continuous Jobs trigger mode has been introduced recently. To prevent unnecessary resource usage and reduce cost, Databricks automatically pauses a continuous job if there are more than five consecutive failures within a 24 hour period.

• 2 kudos
youssefmrini
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

The UNPIVOT clause is now supported by Databricks SQL. Use the  UNPIVOT clause to rotate columns of a table-valued expression into column values https://docs.databricks.com/sql/language-manual/sql-ref-syntax-qry-select-unpivot.html

• 0 kudos
eabouzeid
by New Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 9 kudos

How to enable interactive Python matplotlib figures in DataBricks?

I want to make a matplolib interactive (I can zoom in/out, etc.) in databricks. This is achieved in Jupyter notebook by the following code: %matplotlib notebookHow to achieve this in databricks?Thank you

• 10 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
amu
New Contributor II
  • 9 kudos

Hi there, while facing a similar issue we switched to Altair python library and it works great with Databricks. (other options can be Bokeh or Plotly).

• 9 kudos
9 More Replies
brickster
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to trigger workflow job tasks from Autoloader

I have configured a File Notification Autoloader that monitors S3 bucket for binary files. I want to integrate autoloader with workflow job so that whenever a file is placed in S3 bucket, the pipeline job notebook tasks can pick-up new file and start...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Saravanan Ponnaiah​ Hope everything is going great.Does @odoll odoll​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
bradlindblad
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Font in Databricks Notebook is Greyed Out - Glitchy

The monospaced/code font in my databricks notebooks is greyed out, both in light and dark theme. I've tried playing with all the notebook settings, etc. and nothing will make the font 'normal'. I've tried Chrome and Edge, and the results are the same...

db
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
klaapbakken
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

I was having this exact same issue. I fixed it by uninstalling the Source Code Pro font from my Windows machine.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Gk
by New Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

DataBricks

How to find Mountpoints definitions

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Govardhana Reddy​ Glad to hear!Please mark the answer as best, it will be highly appreciable.Have a great day!Regards

• 1 kudos
9 More Replies
sanjay
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How can I get date when autoloader processes the file

Hi,I am running autoloader which is running continuously and checks for new file every 1 minute. I need to store when file was received/processed but its giving me date when autoloader started. Here is my code.df = (spark   .readStream   .format("clo...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Sanjay Jain​ , You can use the File Metadata column functionality to collect that information.Ref doc:- https://docs.databricks.com/ingestion/file-metadata-column.html

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
u2dragon
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can't install python library

I'm trying to install a python library but I'm not able, the status won't change from "pending". I get this message when I click on the library under the cluster's Libraries tab: "Library installation has been attempted on the driver node but has not...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
u2dragon
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Ok, looks like I was able to solve my problem.First, I needed to install all the required libraries one by one. These are the followings:pandassixrequestspyspnegocryptographykrb5requests-kerberosAfter that I was able to install the webAPI library.

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Jkb
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Workflow triggered by CLI shown "manually" triggered

We trigger different Worflows by ADF.These workflows will be shown triggered "manually".Is this behaviour intentional? At least for users, this is confusing.ADF-triggered Run: Databricks-Workflows: 

ADF_Monitor manually1 manually2
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @J. G.​, Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does. Your feedback will...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors