cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I enable new Visualization tools in my Databricks notebooks?

ivanychev
Contributor

Databricks released new visualization tools

https://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/visualizations/index.html

But I don't see them in my notebook (DBR 10.4) nor I can find out how to enable them. How do I use the new tools?

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 21.59.19

7 REPLIES 7

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Sergey Ivanychevโ€‹ 

To create a visualization from a cell result, the notebook cell must use a 

display

command to show the result. Click + and select . The visualization editor appears.

are you not seeing this visualisation after hitting above?

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong screenshot. Now it's the correct one. I don't see the + button ๐Ÿ˜ž

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok. I will suggest please wait for few more days as we do have stage wise release and this may be reflected soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused @Sergey Ivanychevโ€‹ 

Thanks!

LeoV
New Contributor II

Hi @Atanu Sarkarโ€‹!

Any update on this? I'm also not capable of seeing the + button!

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

Thank you for sharing this. It looks like Databricks has copied over DB SQL visualization to notebooks.

This is good.

@Atanu Sarkarโ€‹  - do you know if we will be able to link these visualizations from notebook cell into DB SQL dashboard some how?

cweymouth
New Contributor II

@Atanu Sarkarโ€‹ , I am still not seeing this. I am running a cluster on runtime 10.4 LTS ML. The "Legacy Visualizations" are the only option available. This feature should be fully deployed, yes?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!