Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I get AWS costs from my SQL Warehouses?

data_turtle
New Contributor

Hi,

How do I find the AWS associated costs from my databricks SQL warehouse usage? I tried using tags but they didn't show up in the AWS cost explorer.

My use case is I am running some DBT - Databricks jobs and I want to find the cost for certain jobs. (these are all in SQL warehouses, not Jobs compute)

Thanks,

Jeff

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @data_turtleTo find the AWS-associated costs from your Databricks SQL warehouse usage, you can tag clusters and pools, and these tags propagate both to detailed DBU usage reports and to AWS EC2 and AWS EBS instances for cost analysis.

However, if these tags are not showing up in AWS Cost Explorer, it may be due to some delay or issues in tag propagation. You can add tags when you edit the job to get specific job costs. These tags also propagate to job clusters created when a position is run, allowing you to use tags with your existing cluster monitoring. You can use the billable usage graphs in the account console to get the cost details, which can aggregate usage by individual tags. The billable usage CSV reports downloaded from the same page include default and custom tags. 

For the AWS account a resource is in, you can use the cost tables as each resource has a cost attributed to it, and it contains the information to tell us which account it's in.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.