cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing fpp3 R package on Databricks

MauiWarrior
New Contributor

In R notebook I am running: 

install.packages('fpp3', dependencies = TRUE)

And getting back errors: 

ERROR: dependency ‘vctrs’ is not available for package ‘slider’

I then install 'vctrs' and it again generates similar error that some package is missing and this whole process is endless. 

Can I install all required packages at once? Nothing like this happens on my local PC.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MauiWarrior , Yes, you can install all required packages at once.

You are facing this issue because some packages have dependencies on other packages and they need to be installed in a specific order.

You can use the install.packages function with the dependencies=TRUE argument in R to install a package and all its dependencies.

However, if you are facing issues, you can try to install all the packages manually in the correct order.

Alternatively, you can use a package like pacman in R which can help manage package dependencies. The p_load function in pacman can be used to load and install packages, it also checks for missing packages and installs them.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!