Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load multiple xlsx that are storage in different folders with the same name in a blob storage in a delta table ?

Chilangdon
New Contributor

Hi i have a blob storage with multile unzip folders with the same suffix folder_report_name_01_2023_01_02 -> file_name_2023_01_02.xlsx

But i want to load all of this data using pandas or pyspark and insert in my delta table.

I'm trying to using widgets but i dont want to input manually all the names, exist a way to change this folder and file name automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jose_gonzalez

Hi,

I would highly recommend to check this doc https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/python/user_guide/pandas_on_spark/index.html you can use Pandas APIs on Spark. It will have a huge benefit when you compare with standard Pandas, which only runs on the driver. In this docs, you will be able to find some examples on how to read data using Pandas.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jose_gonzalez

Hi,

I would highly recommend to check this doc https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/python/user_guide/pandas_on_spark/index.html you can use Pandas APIs on Spark. It will have a huge benefit when you compare with standard Pandas, which only runs on the driver. In this docs, you will be able to find some examples on how to read data using Pandas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Fernando Vázquez​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.