cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Importing data into Excel from Databricks over ODBC OAuth / Simba Spark Driver

Michael_Galli
Contributor II

Hi all,
I am refering to this article
Connect to Azure Databricks from Microsoft Excel - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Learn

I use the latest SimbaSparkODBC-2.8.2.1013-Windows-64bit driver and configured in like in that documentation.
In Databricks I use a Serverless Warehouse (Current, v 2024.25)
I use Windows 11, Excel version 2403

Now when filtering data in Excel - Power query on that warehouse, in the Databricks query history I get the following error:

[UNBOUND_SQL_PARAMETER] Found the unbound parameter: _753. Please, fix `args` and provide a mapping of the parameter to either a SQL literal or collection constructor functions such as `map()`, `array()`, `struct()`. SQLSTATE: 42P02; line 36 pos 18

The query looks like this -> note the "?"

select
  `COLUMN1`,
from
  `catalog`.`schema`.`table`
where
  `PERIOD` = ?  and `PERIOD` is not null

Any idea on how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

raphaelblg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Michael_Galli, I've never seen this scenario before. Given the fact you're using a MSFT tech stack I'd recommend opening a support ticket with MSFT. 

Best regards,

Raphael Balogo
Sr. Technical Solutions Engineer
Databricks

Michael_Galli
Contributor II

Can you provide a link please?

@Michael_Galli, MSFT team should evaluate, if they can resolve the issue they will. If determined to be a Databricks/Simba issue, Databricks team will get involved.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/create-ticket

Best regards,

Raphael Balogo
Sr. Technical Solutions Engineer
Databricks
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!