cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information_schema appears empty

JonM
New Contributor

Hi,

We've encountered a problem with the information schema for one of our catalogs. For context: we're using dbt to implement our logic. We noticed this issue because dbt queries the information_schema.tables view to check which tables should be dropped first before running models. It became apparent that no tables were being dropped because the information schema for our catalog is empty.

After some digging, I came across this thread, which seems to describe the exact problem we're having. Early on in the project we renamed the catalog, unknowingly invalidating every view in its information schema.

This is a bother because we're not in a position to drop and rebuild the entire catalog. Currently, we're working around this issue with some manual actions, but I was hoping for a more permanent or elegant solution. This discussion also serves as a bug report/reminder that this problem is still occurring, I hope this is the right place for it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

0 REPLIES 0
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!