Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ingest __databricks_internal catalog - PERMISSION DENIED

andre_rizzatti
New Contributor II

Good morning, I have a DLT process with CDC incremental load and I need to ingest the history as CDC transactions are only recent. To do this I need to ingest data in the __databricks_internal catalog. In my case, as I am full admin, I can do it, however my colleague who is in a group where there is general permission to the catalog, to the admin metastore, he receives this error below. I use the same cluster and can run normally. Would anyone know how to help me?

PERMISSION DENIED - Please use a SHARED cluster to modify an MV/ST

image.png

3 REPLIES 3

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

Does the table have specific permissions to that ?
If yes, please check the permission inheritance in the catalog permissions. if it is correctly configured or not.

the tables do not have specific configuration, and the user who is receiving the error is in a group that has full permission in the INTERNAL catalog

andre_rizzatti
New Contributor II

The tables do not have specific configuration, and the user who is receiving the error is in a group that has full permission in the INTERNAL catalog

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.