cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new libraries on Azure Databricks Clusters

Nuthan_1994
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to install the newest python version on the Databricks Clusters and it has the runtime version 7.3 LTS, but no matter how many times I try it keeps installing the 3.7.5 version of python.

I know that Runtime version 7.3 LTS comes with Python 3.7.5 but I was wondering if I could install a newer version of Python? Is it possible to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dazfuller
Contributor III

I've done this before using a custom docker image, but even then the runtime itself continues to use the version of python 3 which is installed as part of the OS. The easiest way to get to a newer version is to use a newer runtime. If you're sticking with LTS releases then you could jump to the 9.1 LTS release which uses Python 3.8.8

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dazfuller
Contributor III

I've done this before using a custom docker image, but even then the runtime itself continues to use the version of python 3 which is installed as part of the OS. The easiest way to get to a newer version is to use a newer runtime. If you're sticking with LTS releases then you could jump to the 9.1 LTS release which uses Python 3.8.8

Alright, thanks!

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Nuthan Peddapurapu​ , I could see the question was answered and if you find the answer to be helpful and resolved your query, would you be happy to mark it as best so others can quickly find the solution in the future.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Hi @Nuthan Peddapurapu​ ,

Not supported with Databricks Runtime 7 and above at the moment

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.