Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is 'run_as' user available from jobs api 2.1?

New Contributor III

I know that the run_as user generally defaults to the creator_user, but I would like to find the defined run_as user for each of our jobs. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate that field in the api.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

New Contributor III

>> Thanks for reaching out to us. In order to update run_as_user in API 2.1, you need to change the job owner to the respective user defined in the access_control_list.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I am not trying to update the run_as_user, but I am trying to retrieve it.

Upon closer reading of the yaml for Jobs API 2.1, it looks like run_as_user for a job is available via 'get' (for an individual job), but is not returned as part of 'list'. So it appears the confusion is mine.

I would suggest that in the future, perhaps ownership/privilege information would be valuable as part of job list retrieval.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cedric
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Keller, Michaelโ€‹,

Thanks for reaching out to us. In order to update run_as_user in API 2.1, you need to change the job owner to the respective user defined in the access_control_list.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Keller, Michaelโ€‹, You are right. Let us know if the answer @Cedric Law Hing Pingโ€‹ provided helped you.

New Contributor III

>> Thanks for reaching out to us. In order to update run_as_user in API 2.1, you need to change the job owner to the respective user defined in the access_control_list.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I am not trying to update the run_as_user, but I am trying to retrieve it.

Upon closer reading of the yaml for Jobs API 2.1, it looks like run_as_user for a job is available via 'get' (for an individual job), but is not returned as part of 'list'. So it appears the confusion is mine.

I would suggest that in the future, perhaps ownership/privilege information would be valuable as part of job list retrieval.

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Keller, Michaelโ€‹ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

New Contributor III

thanks, I picked my own reply as the 'right' answer. i'd still recommend that the jobs api perhaps incorporate run-as-user in the 'list' method, rather than only in job details.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @Keller, Michaelโ€‹!

Would you like to update your idea in our Ideas portal?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.