cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mqtt to Delta Live Table

jhgorse
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I see that Delta Live Tables has various real-time connectors such as Kafka, Kinesis, Google's Pub Sub, and so on. I also see that Apache had maintained an mqtt connector to Spark through the 2.x series called Bahir, but dropped it in version 3.x which we are currently using.

My use case updates from each node once a minute a variable data payload from 18 KB to 100 KB 24/7/365. I am focusing on one node which averages 95 KB per minute. Log data can come faster than the 1 minute window. We use AWS and the AWS IoT mqtt.

How do I connect the mqtt to a Delta Live Table? Does it require an intermediary of Kafka/Kinesis?

As a intermediate solution, I have an IoT Rule to write an mqtt subscription directly to S3. I doubt that it will be performant but I do intend to test the Autoloader to DLT via S3 capability since it's right in front of me.

Cheers, Joe

0 REPLIES 0
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!