cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Multi languages support in Databricks

Phani1
Valued Contributor II

Hi Team,

How can I set up multiple languages in Databricks? For example, if I connect from Germany, the workspace and data should support German. If I connect from China, it should support Chinese, and if I connect from the US, it should be in English. What are the best practices to achieve this, and I would appreciate your guidance on this topic.

Regards,

Janga

3 REPLIES 3

Rishabh-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor

Databricks does not provide built-in localization for the workspace interface itself. The UI is generally presented in English, and there are no direct settings for changing the language of the workspace UI based on the user's location.

Rishabh Pandey

Phani1
Valued Contributor II

How can we handle data which has multiple languages ? 

Rishabh-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor

1-In that case you need to encode the data in that language format , ex if the data is in japanease then u need to encode in UTF-8 

REATE OR REPLACE TEMP VIEW japanese_data

AS SELECT * FROM

csv.`path/to/japanese_data.csv`

OPTIONS ('encoding'='UTF-8')

also you can use various libraries and tools for natural language processing (NLP) in Databricks.

Rishabh Pandey

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group