Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to set parameter order and Note(Tooltip) on Databricks notebook task parameter

JagadishMori
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

I have created a workflow job on Databricks which has 5 parameters. I created parameters using deploument.json like:
"tasks": [
{
"task_key": "Test1",
"notebook_task": {
"notebook_path": "Notebooks/F/UF/FileUpload",
"base_parameters": {
"File_name": "",
"Climate PA: Calulations": "false",
"Climate PA: RisksAndOpportunities Calculations": "false",
"Nature PA": "false",
"Other PA": "false"
},
"source": "GIT"
},
"job_cluster_key": "F_Modules-cluster",
"timeout_seconds": 0,
"email_notifications": {}
}
]

The query is, on Databricks Job UI, when I select Run As, it populates a window to pass the above parameters to workflow but the order of parameters is not the same as above(PFA screenshot).

1) How can I maintain the above parameter order so that when the user clicks on the Run As window the UI shows the exact above parameter order?
2) How can I show tooltips or notes along with all the above 5 parameters?

Any suggestion or help on it will be helpful

2 REPLIES 2

JagadishMori
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply @Kaniz , will you help me understand which order Databricks uses to arrange parameters on UI so I can use that as a prefix to order parameters? Like ASCII, binary or something else?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.