cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth U2M AWS Token Failure

Dave_Nithio
Contributor

I am attempting to generate a manual OAuth token using the instructions for AWS. When attempting to generate the account level authentication code I run into a localhost error:

Dave_Nithio_0-1727366943499.png

I have confirmed that all variables and urls are correct and that I am logged in via:

databricks auth login --host <account-console-url> --account-id <account-id>

I noticed a similar issue in another community thread which documents a similar problem with Azure Databricks. I followed the steps outlined in the solution (including breaking up my script). I noticed though that if I adjust the url to generate the account-level authorization code to the Azure version I get to a Databricks login page:

Dave_Nithio_1-1727367412523.png

I am unclear why I am not getting to the AWS login page following the instructions provided. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Dave_Nithio
Contributor

After investigating further, the localhost issue was because I was already logged in and did not need to login again. The returned URL contained the authorization code. I was able to authenticate and run account level API requests with the generated bearer code.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group