cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power BI with Databricks SQL Endpoint

MariusC
New Contributor III

Hello,

We are trying to load a Delta table from an Azure Data Lake Storage container into Power BI using the Databricks SQL Endpoint.

We configured the SQL Workspace data to have access to the ADLS Delta table and created a view; we are able to query the view from the Databricks SQL workspace.

We created a personal access token and downloaded the PBI file, but when we choose the Delta (or any other table from the metadata) in Power BI we have this error:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (35) Error from server: error code: '0' error message: 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error running query: Failure to initialize configurationInvalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key

error screenshot 

Also, on trying to connect to the "sample" tables in Databricks we have an error as well, just different:

sample_error 

Querying from Databricks Workspace works:

sample_queryADLS_delta_query 

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed, please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MariusC
New Contributor III

Hi @Atanu Sarkar​ Thank you for your answer, but the spark config cannot be applied to the SQL Endpoint, as far as I know - if it can, please let me know how.

We solved the issue by downloading the correct Power BI, we were using a different Power BI file than the one for SQL Endpoint.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Not sure what is going wrong,

have you checked the docs?

Using Partner Connect

Without partner connect

Also do you have a PBI Gateway running?

MariusC
New Contributor III

I did follow the docs, Using Partner Connect.

Not sure if I need a PBI Gateway, as this is PowerBI Desktop, not the PowerBI service...

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

PowerBi is not my cup of tea so I can´t tell.

It could also be proxy settings/firewall etc.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Marius Condescu​ Could you please include below spark config and try-

spark.hadoop.fs.azure.account.oauth.provider.type.ariaprime.dfs.core.windows.net org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.oauth2.ClientCredsTokenProvider

spark.hadoop.fs.azure.account.auth.type.ariaprime.dfs.core.windows.net OAuth

spark.hadoop.fs.azure.account.oauth2.client.id.ariaprime.dfs.core.windows.net {{secrets/<secrets>}}

spark.hadoop.fs.azure.account.oauth2.client.endpoint.ariaprime.dfs.core.windows.net https://login.microsoftonline.com/<token URL>

MariusC
New Contributor III

Hi @Atanu Sarkar​ Thank you for your answer, but the spark config cannot be applied to the SQL Endpoint, as far as I know - if it can, please let me know how.

We solved the issue by downloading the correct Power BI, we were using a different Power BI file than the one for SQL Endpoint.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marius Condescu​, Thank you for providing the solution. Would you mind marking your answer as the best?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.