cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Azure Databricks

Personal1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want to use Databricks the first time, and am having many problems and confusions. Please help me resolve them.

1. I created a free Databricks Community account on Azure and get error when creating the cluster/compute"

Azure Quota Exceeded Exception: Error code:

ResourceCountExceedsLimitDueToTemplate, error message: Subscription f9d953e1-60e9-48b1-b00f-

ab777a75396 has a quota of 3 for resources of type Public|pAddress with sku SkuNotSpecified.

Subscription currently has 0 resources and the template contains 8 new resources of the this type which exceeds the quota. Please contact support to increase the quota for resource type Public|pAddress" .

Why do I get this error when I am using the free service and how to resolve it? Please suggest the proper way to resolve it if I need to contact Azure. I don't find a chat option on Azure DB page.

2. The email and password that I used to create the Databricks on Azure doesn't work when I try to sing in to the Databricks Community Edition. Why is so when I created the DB account via the Community Edition page?

3. Community Edition page says 14 day free trial but Azure DB page says below thing. How are they different? 

Popular services free for 12 months
55+ services always free
$200 credit to use in your first 30 days

Thanks you!

3 REPLIES 3

Anne165Hernadez
New Contributor

Hello!

The error you’re seeing is due to exceeding the quota for Public IP addresses in your Azure subscription. Check your current quota in the Azure portal under “Subscriptions” and “Usage + quotas.” If needed, request a quota increase through “Help + support” in the Azure portal.

For the login issue, try resetting your password on the Databricks Community Edition login page and ensure you’re using the correct login page.

The Community Edition is a free, limited version for learning, while Azure Databricks is a fully managed service with more features, suitable for production workloads. Azure offers a 12-month free tier and a $200 credit for the first 30 days.

Best Regards,

Panorama Charter Login

Thanks for replying.

So is the Public IP address quota 0 by default?

This was the first time I was creating a cluster in Azure Databricks. 

Another question - I was not able to use my workspace in Azure Databricks Service with Free Tier plan. I had to upgrade to "pay as you go" plan to access it. Is this expected? Are we not allowed to create a single node cluster with Free Tier? I wasn't able to create any cluster with Free Tier.

Also, where will I see my subscription as "pay as you go" on Azure portal and how will I cancel it by the end of the 30 day period? I am a bit confused b/w Azure Databricks free quota vs Databricks Community free quota as the latter took me to the Azure portal when I chose Azure to be one of its providers in the first step of using DB Community Free Edition. How will I know that my 14 day free trial offer by DB Community Edition has ended in case I don't keep track of the dates?

Thanks for your help in advance!

ThierryBa
New Contributor

you must have created some resources with public IP addresses in your azure subscription, ie: storage account, etc...
Try to avoid using public IPs as much as possible to secure your tenant/subscription.

try to find which of your Azure resources are using public ips, then modify them: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/core-infrastructure-and-security/how-to-find-azure-resources-...

Data and Analytics Practice Lead

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group