Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

baatchus
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deduplication, Bronze (raw) or Silver (enriched)

Need some help in choosing between where to do deduplication of data. So I have sensor data in blob storage that I'm picking up with Databricks Autoloader. The data and files can have duplicates in them.Which of the 2 options do I choose?Option 1:Cre...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Tharun-Kumar
Honored Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

@peter_mcnally You can use watermark to pick the late records and send only the latest records to the bronze table. This will ensure that you always have the latest information in your bronze table.This feature is explained in detail here - https://w...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
anastassia_kor1
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Error "Distributed package doesn't have nccl built in" with Transformers Library.

I am trying to run a simple training script using HF's transformers library and am running into the error `Distributed package doesn't have nccl built in` error.Runtime: DBR 13.0 ML - SPark 3.4.0 - Scala 2.12Driver: i3.xlarge - 4 coresNote: This is a...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
patputnam-db
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @anastassia_kor1,For CPU-only training, TrainingArguments has a no_cuda flag that should be set.For transformers==4.26.1 (MLR 13.0) and transformers==4.28.1 (MLR 13.1), there's an additional xpu_backend argument that needs to be set as well. Try u...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
mshettar
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks CLI's workspace export_dir command adds unnecessary edits despite not making any change in the workspace

databricks workspace export_dir / export command with overwrite option enabled adds non-existent changes in the target directory. 1. It introduces new line deletion and 2. add/deletion of MAGIC comments despite not making any meaningful changes in th...

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 2.44.48 PM
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
RyanHager
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

I am encountering this issue as well and it did not happen previously.  Additionally, you see this pattern if you are using repos internally and make a change to a notebook in another section.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Chakra
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Create job cluster with a docker image in azure data factory

Is there a way to create a job cluster in azure data factory with a docker image either through API or UI

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
m_szklarczyk
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Does anyone handle how to run from ADF custom image as jobs compute?

• 1 kudos
Shay83
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! stream from specific time

Hello,How should I start stream a delta table from specific point in time?

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
  • 3 kudos

If you are streaming from a Delta table, you can specify the starting version or timestamp. You can refer the document for complete detail: https://docs.databricks.com/structured-streaming/delta-lake.html#specify-initial-position

• 3 kudos
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

When developing a Delta Live Table, can I test my code in the notebook?

Just wondering about the dev flow when building Delta Live Tables. I write my code in the notebook so it would be useful to be able to test it out from within that environment.

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
  • 1 kudos

You need to create a DLT pipeline to test the code. 

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
TonyLe
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: Invalid uri

Hi all, I'm trying to connect to MongoDB using the Databricks notebook. I keep getting the error that my MongoDB uri is invalid. The uri works when connecting from my local machine using the Rust driver. I pretty much followed the tutorial that was g...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Also take in mind firewall issues in case the mongodb is on-prem or on some other location.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
tirato
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Cannot import-dir from AzureDevops, but works fine locally.

Hello,as i'm trying to create a CI/CD for the project, I'm finding myself stuck.Tried to upload the Notebooks from my Azure DevOps Release and I'm getting 403-forbidden access.I used 'cat ~/.databrickscfg file and matched with the local config that I...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
valeryuaba
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hey everyone! I can totally relate to the frustration of encountering authentication issues when setting up a CI/CD pipeline. It's great that you're able to import the notebooks locally, but facing difficulties on Azure DevOps can be quite puzzling.F...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
User16869510359
by Esteemed Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Cluster Health Dashboard

Is there a cluster health dashboard which has the details of the total number of running interactive cluster, the total number of job clusters? Also Flag clusters with issues. 

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
valeryuaba
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
thushar
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to Azure DevOps repository using service principle

My source code is in the VSTS repository and I am using PAT token to connect VSTS from Azure data bricks notebook and then building packages and installing my cluster. For the production environment, I can't use PAT token, so is there any way to conn...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
martinez
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hey everyoneI've been working with Azure DevOps and VSTS repositories, and I can relate to the challenges of connecting them securely. thushar, I understand your concern about using a PAT token for production environments. Fortunately, there is indee...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
boyelana
by Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! How to start with Databricks in Google Cloud?

I am looking through Google Cloud Platform and I am looking to get started with Databricks on GCP. Happy if anyone can point me in the direction that can provide guidance on how to get started.Thansk

• 3 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
martinez
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Hey boyelana Databricks on Google Cloud Platform is definitely an interesting and powerful combination, and I'm thrilled to see that you're looking to get started with it, boyelana!To begin your journey with Databricks on GCP, there are a few steps y...

• 7 kudos
2 More Replies
erigaud
by Honored Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Access to personal access token via python

Is there a way to get an existing personal access token via python ? Either through and sdk or a rest endpoint ? Or is the only way to do that to store the PAT in a key vault and retrieve it via a secret scope ? Thank you !

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Ajay-Pandey  Hope everything is going great. Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so ...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Sujitha
by Community Manager
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

KB Feedback Discussion In addition to the Databricks Community, we have a Support team that maintains a Knowledge Base (KB). The KB contains answers t...

KB Feedback DiscussionIn addition to the Databricks Community, we have a Support team that maintains a Knowledge Base (KB). The KB contains answers to common questions about Databricks, as well as information on optimisation and troubleshooting.These...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
martinez
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Thanks for sharing!  

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
VitorGhiotti
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Python error on install epmwebapi library

The error below occurred when trying to install the mentioned library. how do i fix this

error.png
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hemant
Valued Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi @VitorGhiotti, I am able to install this package, can you share your cluster configuration and are you using a private endpoint?

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors