Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your workspace is hosted on infrastructure that cannot support serverless compute."

New Contributor III

Hello,

I wanted to try out Lakehouse Monitoring, but I receive the following message during setup: "Your workspace is hosted on infrastructure that cannot support serverless compute."

I meet all requirements outlined in the documentation. My workspace uses Unity Catalog, I have access to Databricks SQL, and table I'm creating a monitor on is a Delta table. I'm also already using a serverless SQL warehouse. Any idea what I could be missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SSundaram
Contributor

Lakehouse Monitoring

This feature is in Public Preview in the following regions: eu-central-1eu-west-1us-east-1us-east-2us-west-2ap-southeast-2. Not all workspaces in the regions listed are supported. If you see the error “Your workspace is hosted on infrastructure that cannot support serverless compute.” when using Lakehouse Monitoring, try a different workspace or reach out to your account team.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SSundaram
Contributor

Lakehouse Monitoring

This feature is in Public Preview in the following regions: eu-central-1eu-west-1us-east-1us-east-2us-west-2ap-southeast-2. Not all workspaces in the regions listed are supported. If you see the error “Your workspace is hosted on infrastructure that cannot support serverless compute.” when using Lakehouse Monitoring, try a different workspace or reach out to your account team.

New Contributor III

Thanks for the response. I'm using us-east-1 so I don't think that's it either.

"Not all workspaces in the regions listed are supported." I think its best to work with Databricks account team. 

New Contributor III

Ah, understood. I glossed right over that bit. Thank you.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.