cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Redacted check constraint condition in Delta Table

SamAdams
New Contributor III

Hello! I have a delta table with a check constraint - it's one of many that a config-driven ETL pipeline of mine generates. When someone edits the config file and deploys the change, I'd like for the check constraint to be updated as well if it's different. The problem I'm running into is that the check constraint's condition is redacted in the table properties, so I can't compare what's in the config with what is in the table properties. I am an admin in this workspace. Is this redacted condition expected, or is it possible to get the actual SQL syntax to show through another setting?

Output from SHOW TBLPROPERTIES or DESCRIBE EXTENDED:

```'delta.minReaderVersion': '1', 'delta.minWriterVersion': '3', 'delta.constraints.sql_data_quality': '*********(redacted)'```

Thanks in advance if anyone knows what's going on.

1 REPLY 1

SamAdams
New Contributor III

Figured this out with the help of @SamDataWalk 's post https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/databricks-bug-with-show-tblproperties-redacted...

It happens because Databricks thinks certain keywords in the constrain query columns like "url" or "userid" are sensitive. You can disable this behavior with

spark.conf.set("spark.databricks.behaviorChange.SC102534CommandRedactProperties.enabled"False)

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group