Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reduce downtime of Postgres table - JDBC overwrite job

siddharthk
New Contributor II

I want to overwrite a Postgresql table transactionStats which is used by the customer facing dashboards.

This table needs to be updated every 30 mins. I am writing a AWS Glue Spark job via JDBC connection to perform this operation.

Spark dataframe write snippet -

df.write.format("jdbc").option("url", "connection_params").option("dbtable","public.transactionStats"). mode("overwrite").save()

I am seeing a downtime on the dashboard while the table is being overwritten

how to avoid downtime? Any solutions? Staging table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

can you use rename table? so load a temp table, rename target table to something else, rename temp table to target table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

can you use rename table? so load a temp table, rename target table to something else, rename temp table to target table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Siddharth Kanojiyaโ€‹ 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @werners (Customer)โ€‹ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.

Thanks and Regards

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.