Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZURE_QUOTA_EXCEEDED_EXCEPTION - even with more than vCPUs than Databricks recommends

Pras1
New Contributor II

I am running this Delta Live Tables PoC from databricks-industry-solutions/industry-solutions-blueprints

https://github.com/databricks-industry-solutions/pos-dlt

I have Standard_DS4_v2 with 28GB and 8 cores x 2 workers - so a total of 16 cores. This is more than what Databricks recommends for this PoC (Standard_DS3_v2 with 4 cores x 2 workers).

There are 5 notebooks in the PoC. I have run Notebook 1 and 2 individually without errors.

However when I execute the entire PoC from the RUNME.py orchestrator, it fails on Notebook 2 with this error:

Unexpected failure while waiting for the cluster (0608-160733-23lp3pel) to be ready: Cluster 0608-160733-23lp3pel is in unexpected state Terminated: AZURE_QUOTA_EXCEEDED_EXCEPTION (CLIENT_ERROR): azure_error_code:QuotaExceeded, azure_error_message: Operation could not be completed as it results in exceeding approved standardDSv2Family Cores quota. Additional details - Deployment Model: Resource Manager, Location: eastus, Current Limit: 32, Current Usage: 24, Additional Required: 16, (Minimum) New Limit Required: 40. Submit a request for Quota increase at https://aka.ms/ProdportalCRP/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Capacity/UsageAndQuota.ReactView/Parameters/%7B%...<......long url parameters list>...................

I have tried increasing the quota, but same error, so I dont think it is the Quota increase. There seems always a need for more and more vCPUs. This is the Inner exepction:

AssertionError: Job Run failed:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AssertionError Traceback (most recent call last)

File <command-2270064480735889>:3

1 dbutils.widgets.dropdown("run_job", "False", ["True", "False"])

2 run_job = dbutils.widgets.get("run_job") == "True"

----> 3 NotebookSolutionCompanion().deploy_compute(job_json, run_job=run_job)

File /local_disk0/.ephemeral_nfs/envs/pythonEnv-18c26647-04cb-4378-9a4a-92c4877cbe84/lib/python3.10/site-packages/solacc/companion/__init__.py:232, in NotebookSolutionCompanion.deploy_compute(self, input_json, run_job, wait)

230 self.install_libraries(jcid, jcl)

231 else:

--> 232 self.run_job()

File /local_disk0/.ephemeral_nfs/envs/pythonEnv-18c26647-04cb-4378-9a4a-92c4877cbe84/lib/python3.10/site-packages/solacc/companion/__init__.py:349, in NotebookSolutionCompanion.run_job(self)

347 print("-" * 80)

348 print(f"#job/{self.job_id}/run/{self.run_id} is {self.life_cycle_state} - {self.test_result_state}")

--> 349 assert self.test_result_state == "SUCCESS", f"Job Run failed: please investigate at: {self.workspace_url}#job/{self.job_id}/run/{self.run_id}"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any clues? Any of these reasons?

https://kb.databricks.com/clusters/cluster-failed-launch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jose_gonzalez

You might need to open a support ticket with Azure support to request an increase of your quota. You can try to run your job with the min number of cores that you can use without getting this exception

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jose_gonzalez

You might need to open a support ticket with Azure support to request an increase of your quota. You can try to run your job with the min number of cores that you can use without getting this exception

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Prasenjit Biswas​ 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Jose Gonzalez​ ​ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.

Thanks and Regards

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.