cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Session expired, cannot log back in to Community Edition

shinaushin
New Contributor II

Whenever I am logged into my Community Edition account and leave it idle for a bit, it says that my session has expired, which is understandable. However, when I try logging back in with the exact same credentials, I receive an error saying that a Community Edition account with these credentials cannot be found. This then forces me to open a new account with the exact same email address. But I have already done this 3 times. This causes me to lose all my experiments in previous accounts. How can I simply have one account persist and not seemingly expire?

14 REPLIES 14

shinaushin
New Contributor II

@Kaniz_Fatma , I see that you've addressed similar forum posts. Is this particular variant of the issue something you've seen elsewhere? I am 100% sure I am making accounts on Community Edition. I have even been able to log experiments via MLFlow after successfully creating an account. But the account just does not continue existing after my session expires. When trying to log back in, it says that it is an invalid email/password

deema
New Contributor II

when i changed my browser the the session expiration was less frequent but the problem still not solved , you can try it.

stxxx
New Contributor III

I have the same issue starting today. 

mimi_nga
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue. Any help will be very much appreciated. Started suddenly while I was working on it. 

mimi_nga
New Contributor III

I changed browsers, cleaned browser caches, restart laptop. Nothing helps.

aljosalakatus
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue also

SuryaP
New Contributor II

I am also getting the similar issue. 

OXu
New Contributor II

Same issue since yesterday

Aditya2
New Contributor II

Getting a similar error just that my session keeps expiring even while its not idle.
I am writing my code and the session expires and asks me to login again.

theAIwatcher
New Contributor II

same fix it so annoying

stxxx
New Contributor III

Any ETA?

bubbas2024
New Contributor II

I recorded my most recent session working through lessons, and the expiration was 7 minutes. You can't even get through a single lesson in the academy without it timing out.

prajwalreddy
New Contributor II

same issue i also facing from 2 weeks , session expired please login again this message will be shown after every 2-3 minute.

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, Between 22:00 UTC on August 14, 2024, and 14:43 UTC on August 19, 2024, you may have been a user of Databricksโ€™ Community Edition who experienced errors citing โ€œYour session has expired, please authenticate againโ€ within a few minutes of logging in and getting logged out. We apologize for this inconvenience. 

Preliminary investigation points to a recent change deployed to the Community Edition environment as the cause of these unexpected errors. We have since rolled back the changes to the last good version and confirmed that the issue has been fully mitigated as of 14:43 UTC on August 19, 2024.

No action is needed from you at this time other than re-logging in anytime after 14:43 UTC.

We are continuing our investigation into the cause of this incident and will establish the necessary follow-up actions to help prevent this issue from occurring again. Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group