Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

[sql warehouse] Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key with 'force' = 'true'

Yasser
New Contributor

Hello,

I am getting the following error when trying to copy data to databricks from an ADLS with SQL and using a SAS token

Failure to initialize configuration for storage account <storage account>: Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key

I am using an SQL Warehouse to copy the data from the ADLS. For this I am using a COPY_INTO.

The following works fine :
COPY INTO `table` FROM ( SELECT _c0 as `c0` FROM 'abfss://<storageaccount>' WITH ( CREDENTIALS (AZURE_SAS_TOKEN = '***') ) ) FILEFORMAT = CSV    FORMAT_OPTIONS (  'delimiter'='\t', 'quote'='"', 'escape'='"', 'multiLine'='true' )  COPY_OPTIONS ('mergeSchema' = 'true')
But this fails :
COPY INTO `table` FROM ( SELECT _c0 as `c0` FROM 'abfss://<storageaccount>' WITH ( CREDENTIALS (AZURE_SAS_TOKEN = '***') ) ) FILEFORMAT = CSV FORMAT_OPTIONS ( 'delimiter'='\t', 'quote'='"', 'escape'='"', 'multiLine'='true' ) COPY_OPTIONS ('mergeSchema' = 'true', 'force' = 'true')
The only difference is in the copy options : 'force' = 'true'

The same SQL instruction works fine on a cluster. 

The only place it is failing is on an SQL warehouse when 'force' is true.

Is someone facing the same issue ?

Thanks
0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.