cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Parameters in Feature Functions

NaeemS
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm implementing a machine learning pipeline using feature stores and I'm running into a limitation with feature functions. I'd like to perform multiple calculations on my columns with some minor adjustments, but I need to pass a static parameter to control the behavior of the function.

Can I pass a static parameter to a feature function to control its behavior? For example, I want to aggregate values from an array and pass an index as a condition up to which I want to sum. This index would be a static parameter, not a value inside a column. Can I do this using a single function instead of defining a different functions for each condition?

Additionally, is it possible to use a single function to perform operations like sum on different numbers of columns (e.g., sum 2 columns, sum 3 columns, etc.)?

Thanks for your help!
0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group