cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool For Monitoring Security/Health of Databricks Workspace Since from a year we have been looking for a tool to monitor health of data bricks workspa...

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

Tool For Monitoring Security/Health of Databricks Workspace

Since from a year we have been looking for a tool to monitor health of data bricks workspace in automated way.

we used to monitor below few things in workspace manually

1. clusters
  2. Jobs
  3. Tables
  4. ACL
  5. Newtork Security
  6. Token etc...

when we heard about SAT tool, which was developed by Databricks Architect team. we thought of configuring that and we have Implemented that in our workspace and within no time we are able to see most of metrics that we are looking to secure our workspace.

It provides recommendations and once you click on that recommendation, it will take you to data bricks article that we need to implement. one of the important views in this tool is "Additional details"

when you get check Id from recommendations and paste in "additional details", you will get more information related to that id

once after configuring it can be scheduled as a job

below repo has notebooks that are needed to configure SAT tool and it is maintained by Databricks Architect Team.

security-analysis-tool/setup.md at main · databricks-industry-solutions/security-analysis-tool (gith...

9 REPLIES 9

KVNARK
Honored Contributor II

Hi @karthik p​ , I think this would be useful to many of them planning to implement any security checks for their Databricks workspace. Thanks for sharing!!

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

This is a very useful tool. But I guess I have to wait till it gets modeled for Azure..

Uma Mahesh D

UmaMahesh1
Honored Contributor III

Hi @karthik p​ 

Do you have any resources like walkthrough sessions or documents for that SAT tool.

If yes would you please ping it here ?

Thanks.

Uma Mahesh D

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Uma Maheswara Rao Desula​ above git link has complete details please, there is no additional documentation

User16869510437
New Contributor II

@karthik p​ Thank you for posting this. Very helpful.

harry546
New Contributor III

@karthik p​ @Dayanand Devarapalli​ @Uma Maheswara Rao Desula​ any insights on Azure. I try to follow steps mentioned over git but end up with errors.

Posted over community too but not able to get some response.

https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D58Y00009pwOqqSAE/security-analysis-tool-sat-on-azure-s...

Arnold_Souza
New Contributor III

Hello @karthik p​ , @Dayanand Devarapalli​ , @Uma Maheswara Rao Desula​ ,

I am experiencing the same problem as @Harish Koduru​ , does someone know how to fix that?

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Harish Koduru​ @Arnold Souza​ are you still seeing issues

arun.pamulapati@databricks.com has approached me and we were able to understand the problem. Basically, on Azure implementation, it is necessary to give the created Service Principal a reader role in the Acces Control (IAM) of the Azure subscription.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group