cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trigger Dashboard Update At The End of a Workflow

cool_cool_cool
New Contributor II

Heya ๐Ÿ™‚
I have a workflow that computes some data and writes to a delta table, and I have a dashboard that is based on the table. How can I trigger refresh on the dashboard once the workflow is finished?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ThomazRossito
Contributor

Hello,

in your workflow it is possible to end with a SQL task and in the SQL Task item you can select some options, see the image below:

ThomazRossito_0-1712706091062.png

Att.
Thomaz Antonio Rossito Neto
Data Technical Lead / Data Engineer-Architect

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ThomazRossito
Contributor

Hello,

in your workflow it is possible to end with a SQL task and in the SQL Task item you can select some options, see the image below:

ThomazRossito_0-1712706091062.png

Att.
Thomaz Antonio Rossito Neto
Data Technical Lead / Data Engineer-Architect

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cool_cool_coolTo ensure your dashboard reflects the most up-to-date data after your Databricks workflow completes, consider the following options:

1. Scheduled Notebook Refresh:

2. Workflow Automation:

3. Custom Job or Trigger:

Remember to choose the approach that best aligns with your specific requirements and existing infrastructure. Happy dashboarding! ๐Ÿ“Š๐Ÿš€

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group