Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to enable Databricks Assistant

sarnendude
New Contributor II

Databricks Assistant is currently in Public Preview.
As per below documentation, I have clicked 'Account Console' link to logins & enable Databricks Assistant but I am not getting "Settings" option at left side in admin console.
Once I log in using Azure AD, I am getting option to choose workspace only & no 'settings' option is there in workspace.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/notebooks/notebook-assistant-faq#q-how-do-i-enabl...

Do I need any special permission to log in to below account console and enable Databricks Assistant?
https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/login/

Please help me on how to log into account console and enable Databricks Assistant.

Thanks,
Sarnendu De

3 REPLIES 3

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I believe this is due to the fact that you are not an account admin.  Workspace admin and account admin are different things.
You should reach out to an account admin which can be found in the IAM of your databricks workspace (someone with the role 'owner')

Thank you for your response.

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

To enable Databricks Assistant, you need to navigate to the Admin Console in your Databricks workspace and follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Databricks workspace using an account with workspace admin privileges.

2. Click on the "Admin Console" icon in the left-hand navigation menu (it looks like a gear).

3. Click on the "Settings" tab in the Admin Console.

4. Scroll down to the "Notebook Assistant" section and click on the toggle switch to enable it.

If you don't see the "Settings" tab in the Admin Console, it's possible that your account doesn't have the necessary privileges to access it. In that case, you might need to check with your workspace admin to ensure that you have the correct permissions.

Note that Databricks Assistant is currently in public preview, so it may not be available in all regions or workspace tiers. You can check with the Databricks support team to confirm availability in your workspace.

To have access to the account console on Azure You need to have UC activated

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.