cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding this Ipython related error in cluster logs

Bazhar
New Contributor

Hi Databricks Community !

I'm having this error from a cluster's logs : 
[IPKernelApp] ERROR | Exception in control handler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/kernelbase.py", line 334, in process_control
await result
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/kernelbase.py", line 797, in inspect_request
reply_content = self.do_inspect(
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ipykernel/ipkernel.py", line 517, in do_inspect
bundle = self.shell.object_inspect_mime(
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py", line 1867, in object_inspect_mime
return self.inspector._get_info(
File "/databricks/python_shell/dbruntime/safe_oinspect.py", line 712, in _get_info
return self.format_mime(_mime)
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.10/site-packages/IPython/core/oinspect.py", line 617, in format_mime
assert isinstance(bundle["text/html"], list)

I have no idea what this is meaning, and I would like to better understand how to solve this.

The cluster is a Single Node, without Unity Catalog. Multiple users are running pandas notebooks at the same time on it. It has the following configuration :  

"spark_version": "13.3.x-scala2.12",
"spark_conf": {
"spark.databricks.delta.preview.enabled": "true",
"spark.master": "local[*, 4]",
"spark.databricks.cluster.profile": "singleNode"

"data_security_mode": "NONE",

Does anyone know why is this error showing up ?

Many thanks for your help 

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bazhar

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group