cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VSCode Databricks Extension Performance

Ricklen
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone!

I've been using the Databricks extension in VSCode for a while know and I'm syncing my repository to my Databricks workspace. In the beginning syncing files to my workspace was basically instant. But now it is starting to take a lot of time to sync files (2 to 3 minutes).

I have the feeling there is some cache buildup in VSCode, I already tried to clear the json logging files from Databricks, but this does not help. Also tried syncing manually with a different interval but it doesn't work either.

databricks sync ./my-folder/ /Users/someone@example.com/ --watch --interval 5s

Anyone having the same issue or have ideas in order to get back to the usual upload time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ricklen, Please ensure that you have the latest version of the Databricks extension installed. Sometimes, performance issues are resolved in newer versions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ricklen, Please ensure that you have the latest version of the Databricks extension installed. Sometimes, performance issues are resolved in newer versions.

Ricklen
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz,

I manage to fix this by reducing the size of the folder that I'm syncing towards Databricks. I assume when using the option '--watch' it will get somewhat slower when there are a lot of directories, subdirectories and files.

Thank you!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group