Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Databricks143
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Correlated column is not allowed in non predicate in UDF SQL

Hi Team,I am new to databricks and currently working on creating sql udf 's  in databricks .In udf we are calculating min date and that date column using in where clause also.While running udf getting  Correlated column is not allowed in  non predica...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Could you please provide your full code? I would also like to know which DBR version you are using in your cluster.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
thomann
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Bug? Unity Catalog incompatible with Sparklyr in RStudio (on Driver) and as well if used on one cluster from multiple notebooks?

If I start a RStudio Server with in cluster init script as described here in a Unity Catalog Cluster the sparklyr connection fails with an error about a missing Credential Scope.=LI tried it both in 11.3LTS and 12.0 Beta. I tried it only in a Persona...

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
kunalmishra9
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Have run into this issue as well. Let me know if there was any resolution 

• 6 kudos
4 More Replies
soumyaPattnaik
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

How can I customize the Notebook Job # while using dbutils.notebook.run method?

When running multiple notebooks parallelly using dbutils.notebook.run from a parent notebook, an url to that running notebook is printed, like belowNotebook job #211371132480519Is there a way I can print the notebook name or some customized string in...

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
soumyaPattnaik
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Debayan Thank you for your reply.However, the answer I am looking for is : how to print/get a more meaningful name of the jobs when running multiple notebooks parallelly using dbutils.notebook.run from a parent notebook.Now in the parent notebook...

• 6 kudos
3 More Replies
Leo_138525
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! RDD not picking up spark configuration for azure storage account access

I want to open some CSV files as an RDD, do some processing and then load it as a DataFrame. Since the files are stored in an Azure blob storage account I need to configure the access accordingly, which for some reason does not work when using an RDD...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Leo_138525
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

I decided to load the files into a DataFrame with a single column and then do the processing before splitting it into separate columns and this works just fine.@Hyper Guy​ thanks for the link, I didn't try that but it seems like it would resolve the ...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
JohnJustus
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

TypeError : withcolumn() takes 3 positional arguments but 4 were given.

Hi All,Can some one please help me with the error.This is my small python code.binmaster = binmasterdf.withColumnRenamed("tag_number","BinKey")\.withColumn ("Category", when (length("Bin")==4,'SMALL LOT'),(length("Bin")==7,'RACKING'))TypeError : with...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Hi @JohnJustus If you see closely in .withColumn ("Category", when (length("Bin")==4,'SMALL LOT'), when (length("Bin")==7,'RACKING'), otherwise('FLOOR')), withcolumn would take 2 parameters. The first parameter as a string and the second as the colum...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Liquid clustering with structured streaming pyspark

I would like to try out liquid clustering, but all the examples I see seem to be SQL tables created from selecting from other tables. Our gold tables are pyspark tables written directly to a table, e.g. like this: silver_df.writeStream.partitionBy(["...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

I did not find anything in the docs either.  I suppose a pyspark version will come in the future?

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Yoshe1101
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Cluster terminated. Reason: Npip Tunnel Setup Failure

Hi, I have recently deployed a new Workspace in AWS and getting the following error when trying to start the cluster:"NPIP tunnel setup failure during launch. Please try again later and contact Databricks if the problem persists. Instance bootstrap f...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Yoshe1101
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Finally, this error was fixed by changing the DHCP configuration of the VPC.

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
MichaelO
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Call python image function in pyspark

I have a function for rotating images written in python:from PIL import Image def rotate_image(image, rotation_angle): im = Image.open(image) out = im.rotate(rotation_angle, expand = True) return outI now want to use this function as a pyspark ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Raluka
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Stock photos, I've come to realize, are the catalysts of imagination. This website's vast reservoir of images new york seal sparks ideas that ripple through my projects. They empower me to envision the previously unimagined, helping me breathe life i...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Christine
by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! pyspark dataframe empties after it has been saved to delta lake.

Hi, I am facing a problem that I hope to get some help to understand. I have created a function that is supposed to check if the input data already exist in a saved delta table and if not, it should create some calculations and append the new data to...

• 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
SharathE
New Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Hi,im also having similar issue ..does creating temp view and reading it again after saving to a table works?? /

• 5 kudos
7 More Replies
ottomes
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is my subscription plan?

I am working as data engineer I was about checking the subscription plan. I would like to know how I can check the subscription plan. I am "Admin" but I cannot "Manage accounts" on Databricks workspace portal.This subscription information is pretty i...

Data Engineering
calculation
DBU
Premium
pricing
Standard
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
ottomes
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hey, not really. Update you: if you try to add ACL to a secret scope then you will be sure that your subscription is Enterprise or Standard, because either you succeed then you are working with Enterprise or the API respond with the Standard subscrip...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
alonisser
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to vacuum a table that is constantly being "createdOrReplaced"

and it seems that older data (From the "replaced" table) isn't being removed, long after the retention period I'd be glad for clues on how to handle this

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
alonisser
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Thanks, I know that, but the table history shows 30 days, but the actual data size and number of files and all other indicators , correlate to 170 days. 

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Rishitha
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! DLT pipeline

Hi all!I have a question about setting a target schema. How to set different targets for 2 different tables in the same delta live table pipeline. We have 2 target schemas in a database Bronze_chema and silver_schema.  The pipeline has a streaming ra...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Rishitha
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Thanks again @btafur Hoping for this feature to release soon!

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Jayanth746
by New Contributor III
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Kafka unable to read client.keystore.jks.

Below is the error we have received when trying to read the stream Caused by: kafkashaded.org.apache.kafka.common.KafkaException: Failed to load SSL keystore /dbfs/FileStore/Certs/client.keystore.jksCaused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /dbfs...

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
mwoods
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Ok, scrub that - the problem in my case was that I was using the 14.0 databricks runtime, which appears to have a bug relating to abfss paths here. Switching back to the 13.3 LTS release resolved it for me. So if you're in the same boat finding abfss...

• 4 kudos
9 More Replies
mwoods
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Spark readStream kafka.ssl.keystore.location abfss path

Similar to https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/kafka-unable-to-read-client-keystore-jks/td-p/23301 - the documentation (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/databricks/structured-streaming/kafka#use-ssl-to-connect-azure-databricks...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
mwoods
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

@Kaniz- quick update - managed to find the cause. It's neither of the above, it's a bug in the DataBricks 14.0 runtime. I had switched back to the 13.3 LTS runtime, and that is what caused the error to disappear.As soon as I try to read directly from...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Sahha_Krishna
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to start Cluster in Databricks because of `BOOTSTRAP_TIMEOUT`

Unable to start the Cluster in AWS-hosted Databricks because of the below reason{ "reason": { "code": "BOOTSTRAP_TIMEOUT", "parameters": { "databricks_error_message": "[id: InstanceId(i-0634ee9c2d420edc8), status: INSTANCE_INITIALIZIN...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Harrison_S
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi Sahha, It may be a DNS issue if that wasn't rolled back, can you check the documentation on troubleshooting guide and see if these configurations were rolled back as well? https://docs.databricks.com/en/administration-guide/cloud-configurations/aw...

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors