cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make Unity Catalog work on Azure

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

Hello

I have created the metastore, linked it to the worskpace, my account is admin in Azure and Databricks, followed these instructions:

But when I try to create a table (granting privileges to use catalog, create schemas and create tables) I get this error:

error unity catalog 

Trying two another things, read from that metastore container, and from another container in the same storage account, I got an error for the first and a success for the second:

error overlaps with managed storage 

I dont know what I am missing to make it work. There is a complete guide to set up Unity Catalog?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

I finally made it work.

It seems that although after configuring the metastore to work with a manged identity, the metastore must be upgraded with this guide.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

I also created an external location for trying to create tables in the container where I succeded to do an LS. I got an error while creating the external location, but the UI let me force it and it was created.

Then I test the connection to the external location and I get this other error (I think its the same when creating without forcing the external location.):

externarl location error 

Cami
Contributor III

how did you configure access to storage ( metastore) in the UC ? It was managed identity or service principal.? 

With managed identity.

Gustavo_Az
Contributor

I finally made it work.

It seems that although after configuring the metastore to work with a manged identity, the metastore must be upgraded with this guide.