Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Azure Databricks Delta Lake not able to see unity catalog databases or tables in the drop down.

RamaTeja
New Contributor II

I have created an Azure data factory pipeline with a copy data function to copy data from adls path to a delta table .In the delta table drop downs i am able to see only the hive metastore database and tables only but the unity catalog tables are not listed .Can anyone please help me on this.

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rama Teja Reddy Damireddy​ :

To see the Unity Catalog databases and tables in the drop-down in Azure Databricks Delta Lake, you need to configure the integration between Unity Catalog and Databricks. Here are the steps to configure the integration:

1. Navigate to your Databricks workspace and click on the "Admin Console" button on the left-hand side of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Data" tab and then click on "Connect" next to Unity Catalog.
  3. Enter your Unity Catalog credentials and click "Connect".
  4. You should now see your Unity Catalog databases and tables in the drop-downs in Delta Lake.

If you have already followed these steps and are still not seeing the Unity Catalog databases and tables, you may want to check if the user account you are using has the necessary permissions to access the Unity Catalog.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same question. I don't think you understand what is being asked. Within Azure Data Factory, when creating an Azure Databricks DeltaLake Dataset, there does not appear to be a way to select a database (schema) that is not in the hive_metastore catalog. See attached screenshot. Is UC not currently supported? I've sent the same question to Microsoft.

NK_123
New Contributor II

Hi, Were you able to solve the problem? I am also trying to do same

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Rama Teja Reddy Damireddy​ 

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

cmunteanu
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Exact same problem here, any updates please ?

Thanks

latteuro
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have the same issue.

Additional information: the linked service created in azure data factory using azure databricks deltalake connector is using system-managed-identity rather than Token. 

Could we have an update? 

Thank you in advance.