cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[NO_PARENT_EXTERNAL_LOCATION_FOR_PATH] When browsing our metastore default location

mmenjivar
New Contributor II

Hi, as described in the title, when I try to explore the content of our metastore default location (external location created by default when the metastore is created) I get NO_PARENT_EXTERNAL_LOCATION_FOR_PATH. I've tried using a Serverless SQL warehouse and normal SQL warehouse with the same results. In addition I've tried to do an ls with dbutils in an interactive cluster running dbr 14.2 also with the same results. I have all permissions over the external location so I'm not sure if this is an expected behavior.

Trying to create a new external location using the same S3 bucket fails as expected because overlapping.

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 19.29.05.png

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group