Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Databricks Academy Learners
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Learning Festival - Virtual: FAQ (20 Nov 2023 - 15 Dec 2023)

s_park
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

This post is a working document that covers frequently asked questions about the Databricks Learning Festival - Virtual (20 November 2023 - 15 December 2023) and answers to those questions.

General

Q: Where can I ask questions, if I have questions while going through the self-paced material?

A: Databricks Academy Learners Group page is the forum within Databricks Community, where you can ask questions and get them answered by your fellow learners. Please feel free to answer the questions from other learners as well — one of the best ways to master a subject or skill is to teach someone else.

Q: What is the duration of the Databricks Learning Festival - Virtual?

A: It is from 20 November 2023 - 15 December 2023.

Q: Who can attend the Databricks Learning Festival - Virtual?

A: It is meant for everyone, including Databricks customers, Databricks partners, and the general public.

Q: What training is offered as part of the Databricks Learning Festival - Virtual and how can I enroll?

A: The following course(s) / learning plan(s) are offered for free as part of the Databricks Learning Festival - Virtual. To enroll, please follow the links below. [Note: You need a Databricks Academy account to enroll. If you don’t have one, sign up here.]

Q: Does the Databricks Learning Festival - Virtual come with a hands-on lab environment?

A: No. ​​If you would like to learn with hands-on practice, you can always bring your own workspace to follow along with the self-paced content at your own pace. For more hands-on training options, please see our Public Training Schedule.

Q: I am an existing Databricks Academy user. How does this differ from the courses that I already have in Databricks Academy?

For whitelisted users/accounts, you may already have the same course contents, except the certification voucher offering. This virtual festival has been developed to help you complete the training, expand your data and AI skills, prepare for Databricks certification exams, and elevate your career with Databricks. 

Vouchers

Q: What are the requirements or how can I qualify for the 50%-off Databricks certification voucher? 

A: A 50%-off Databricks certification voucher (worth US$100) will be given to first 5,000 users, who complete at least one of the 9 course(s) / learning plan(s) above within the duration of the the virtual Learning Festival (i.e. 20 November 2023 - 15 December 2023). In other words, below are the requirements:

1. Complete at least one of the 9 course(s) / learning plan(s) above; AND
  2. Complete the 9 course(s) / learning plan(s) within the duration of 20 November 2023 - 15 December 2023; AND
  3. Be the first 5,000 users to complete the 9 course(s) / learning plan(s)

Q: If I complete multiple course(s) / learning plan(s), can I get multiple vouchers?

A: No. Only one voucher will be given, whether the learner completes one or multiple course(s) / learning plan(s). For example, if you complete “Data Engineer Learning Plan - Data Engineering with Databricks” and “AWS Databricks Platform Architect Learning Plan”, you will be eligible for 1 voucher. 

Q: How long is the voucher valid for?

A: The voucher will have a validity period of approximately 6 months. The expiry date is 30 June 2024. You need to schedule AND sit for the exam by this date. We strongly recommend booking the slots early on, as the exam slots may get filled up fast.

Q: Which exams can I use the voucher for?

A: The voucher is applicable for the following exams only:

• Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate
  • Databricks Certified Data Engineer Professional
  • Databricks Certified Data Analyst Associate
  • Databricks Certified Machine Learning Associate
  • Databricks Certified Machine Learning Professional

Q: How can I receive the voucher and when can I receive it?

A: The voucher will be distributed via email 1-2 week(s) after the event closes. It will be sent to the main email address of your Databricks Academy account. Please make sure that you unblock the following email addresses: “noreply@academy.databricks.com” and “noreply.userenablement@databricks.com”. 

Q: Can I combine the voucher with other offers like success credits?

A: No. The certification voucher cannot be combined with other offers or success credits.

Login

Q: I can’t log into Databricks Academy. Where can I get help?

A: You can raise a Training Help ticket here.

1 REPLY 1

SantoDB
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi CE Team, Can the customer use the time window till Dec 15 for "Training Course" registration free of cost and complete the training later outside the Dec'15 window?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.