cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Generative AI
Explore discussions on generative artificial intelligence techniques and applications within the Databricks Community. Share ideas, challenges, and breakthroughs in this cutting-edge field.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AI/BI Genie - Call

MattB
New Contributor II

Hi

Is there any way to call a Genie space from a notebook and get the response ? Is there any API available?

#genie, #databricksgenie, #databricks_genie

5 REPLIES 5

MattB
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response. I could not find any relevant content to integrate Genie into the workflow or on a notebook. Can you please be more specific

To integrate a Genie space with a notebook, you would need to make HTTP requests from the notebook to the Genie API endpoints. This would require custom development and integration work. 

Are there any examples or documentation available which provide further details on the HTTP requests involved here? Or any details of the Genie API endpoints in general?

jAAmes_bentley
New Contributor III

Hi @MattB, did you manage to get much further with this? We currently have the same question, but you are correct that there is no information (which I could find) about serving a Genie endpoint either on the link provided by @Retired_mod or on the model serving documentation.

Vadiraja
New Contributor II

Hi @Retired_mod, I too have a similar request. Your initial response was that there are no end points for Genie. However in your latest response, you have mentioned that we can achieve this through custom development. Can you please share sample code or point me to the documentation that describe Genie end points?

Quite good timing, I actually went to a Databricks Community event yesterday evening which featured a panel of Senior Solution Architects from Databricks. I raised this point with them and they confirmed that currently Genie has no endpoint, however an endpoint is coming "soon". They didn't clarify how soon "soon" is though!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group