cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beginner here. Which exam to do first?

mipayof346
New Contributor

I am new to Databricks and would like to learn and become certified. I have SQL knowledge.

To get started, which exam should I do first so that I have a very good understanding of Databricks fundamentals and concepts?

I was thinking of โ€œDatabricks Certified Data Engineer Associateโ€ or โ€œDatabricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Sparkโ€ certifications. Which one should I write first?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @mipayof346 

The Data Engineer Associate certification exam assesses an individualโ€™s ability to use the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to complete introductory data engineering tasks. This includes an understanding of the Lakehouse Platform and its workspace, its architecture, and its capabilities. 

The Spark certification, on the other hand, assesses the understanding of the Spark DataFrame API and the ability to apply the Spark DataFrame API to complete basic data manipulation tasks within a Spark session. 

You do not have to pass the Spark exam to take the Data Engineering exam.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @mipayof346 

The Data Engineer Associate certification exam assesses an individualโ€™s ability to use the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to complete introductory data engineering tasks. This includes an understanding of the Lakehouse Platform and its workspace, its architecture, and its capabilities. 

The Spark certification, on the other hand, assesses the understanding of the Spark DataFrame API and the ability to apply the Spark DataFrame API to complete basic data manipulation tasks within a Spark session. 

You do not have to pass the Spark exam to take the Data Engineering exam.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!