cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Catalog issue

anushajalesh28
New Contributor II

When i was trying to create catalog i got an error saying to mention azure storage account and storage container in the following query -
CREATE CATALOG IF NOT EXISTS Databricks_Anu_Jal_27022024
MANAGED LOCATION 'abfss://<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-storage>.dfs.core.windows.net/<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-bucket>';
Could you please let me know the exact location in azure Databricks where i can find the azure storage account and storage container names which i can include in the above query.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @anushajalesh28, To create a catalog in Azure Databricks, you need to specify the Azure storage account and storage container in the MANAGED LOCATION clause. 

Letโ€™s break down the query:

CREATE CATALOG IF NOT EXISTS Databricks_Anu_Jal_27022024 MANAGED LOCATION 'abfss://<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-storage>.dfs.core.windows.net/<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-bucket>';

Hereโ€™s how you can find the required information:

Azure Storage Account Name:

• The storage account name corresponds to the Azure storage account where your data resides.
  • You can find this information in the Azure portal or by checking with your Azure administrators.
  • It typically follows the format: storageaccadls01.

Storage Container Name (File System Name):

• The container name (also known as the file system name) represents the specific container within your storage account.
  • You can locate it by navigating to your Azure storage account and identifying the container where your data is stored.
  • For example, if your container is named raw, you would replace <container-name> in the query with raw.

Putting It All Together:

Replace <storage-account-name> with the actual Azure storage account name.

Replace <container-name> with the name of the container (file system) where your data resides.

The resulting query should look something like this:

• CREATE CATALOG IF NOT EXISTS Databricks_Anu_Jal_27022024 MANAGED LOCATION 'abfss://<storage-account-name>.dfs.core.windows.net/<container-name>';

If you encounter any issues, consult with your workspace and cloud administrators to ensure proper configuration.

Happy catalog creation! ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ“‚

Hi Kaniz,

Thanks for your response. Actually i have connected AWS console with databricks account when i had logged in. So could you tell how could i get storage account name and container name.

Also,could you tell who can i contact for configuration purpose. If i cold get their email or phone number details.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!