Get Started Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog issue

anushajalesh28
New Contributor II

When i was trying to create catalog i got an error saying to mention azure storage account and storage container in the following query -
CREATE CATALOG IF NOT EXISTS Databricks_Anu_Jal_27022024
MANAGED LOCATION 'abfss://<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-storage>.dfs.core.windows.net/<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-bucket>';
Could you please let me know the exact location in azure Databricks where i can find the azure storage account and storage container names which i can include in the above query.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @anushajalesh28, To create a catalog in Azure Databricks, you need to specify the Azure storage account and storage container in the MANAGED LOCATION clause. 

Let’s break down the query:

CREATE CATALOG IF NOT EXISTS Databricks_Anu_Jal_27022024 MANAGED LOCATION 'abfss://<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-storage>.dfs.core.windows.net/<databricks-workspace-stack-anu-bucket>';

Here’s how you can find the required information:

Azure Storage Account Name:

• The storage account name corresponds to the Azure storage account where your data resides.
  • You can find this information in the Azure portal or by checking with your Azure administrators.
  • It typically follows the format: storageaccadls01.

Storage Container Name (File System Name):

• The container name (also known as the file system name) represents the specific container within your storage account.
  • You can locate it by navigating to your Azure storage account and identifying the container where your data is stored.
  • For example, if your container is named raw, you would replace <container-name> in the query with raw.

Putting It All Together:

Replace <storage-account-name> with the actual Azure storage account name.

Replace <container-name> with the name of the container (file system) where your data resides.

The resulting query should look something like this:

• CREATE CATALOG IF NOT EXISTS Databricks_Anu_Jal_27022024 MANAGED LOCATION 'abfss://<storage-account-name>.dfs.core.windows.net/<container-name>';

If you encounter any issues, consult with your workspace and cloud administrators to ensure proper configuration.

Happy catalog creation! 🌟🔍📂

Hi Kaniz,

Thanks for your response. Actually i have connected AWS console with databricks account when i had logged in. So could you tell how could i get storage account name and container name.

Also,could you tell who can i contact for configuration purpose. If i cold get their email or phone number details.