cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Data Masking issue

Phani1
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

After successfully creating a group and populating it with members, I am facing the problem of the is_member() function always returning False, despite the user being part of the group. This issue is specific to my sandbox Databricks Account. How can I rectify this situation?

Note: is_member() only available on Unity Catalog enabled Workspace?

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Phani1, The is_member() function youโ€™re referring to seems to be specific to your application or codebase, a....

If youโ€™re facing an issue where is_member() is always returning False, it could be due to a variety of reasons. 

Here are a few things you could check:

User and Group Creation: Ensure that the users and groups are correctly created and populated. This includes checking the user identifiers and group identifiers for any discrepancies.

Function Implementation: Review the implementation of the is_member() function. Ensure that it correctly checks whether a user is part of a group.

Data Consistency: If your function relies on some form of data storage to check membership, ensure that this data is consistent and up-to-date.

Regarding your note on the Unity Catalog, itโ€™s a feature in Databricks that allows for centralized d.... It doesnโ€™t directly handle user or group memberships for application-specific functions. However, it does manage identities at the account and workspace levels, which might be relevant depending on how your is_member() function is implemented.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!