cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 'No GCP Marketplace token provided' error while signing up from GCP marketplace.

bjjkkk
New Contributor II

Hey guys,

I was trying to sign up to the 14 day free trial from GCP marketplace. 

bjjkkk_0-1704807716840.png

When I click 'SIGN UP WITH DATABRICKS', I get the error below.

HTTP ERROR 401

Problem accessing /sign-up. Reason:

No GCP Marketplace token provided. Please start over from the GCP Marketplace portal.

Has anyone experienced this or know how to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Walter_C
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The error message you're seeing suggests that you're trying to access Databricks on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) without a valid token from the GCP Marketplace. To resolve this, you need to start over from the GCP Marketplace portal and make sure you have a valid token. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Create your Databricks subscription in Google Cloud Marketplace. This step creates a Databricks account. As the account owner, you are the only one who can perform the initial setup.
2. Create at least one Databricks workspace. A workspace is the environment that your team will use to access all of their Databricks assets.
3. Add users and groups to your workspaces.
Before you start, make sure you have the following:
- A Google billing account
- The necessary roles for Google Identity and Access Management (IAM): Billing Administrator (roles/billing.admin) for the target Cloud Billing account or the Google Cloud organization where your project is located, and Viewer (roles/viewer) for the project associated with the billing account you plan to use.

If you don't have these roles, contact the respective administrators to request access. If you create a new project, ensure you enable billing and link the project to the desired Cloud Billing account.

bjjkkk
New Contributor II

Thanks Walter,

I have the IAM permissions in place and also have a valid billing account.

However, I keep getting the same error regarding the missing Marketplace token. I am clicking the 'SIGN UP WITH DATABRICKS' button from the GCP UI, so am not sure what's causing the issue.

I have tried with multiple browsers (Chrome, Brave and Edge) and also multiple laptops, but keep getting the same error.

Would there be anything else I can try?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!