cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Issue with Visual Studio Code Databricks extension

Mihai_Cog
Contributor

Hello,

I successfully installed the extension and connected it to my databricks account. But when I try to select the repo (which already exists under repos in my databricks repo account) for syncing , I don't see it.

I use Azure Devops (Git repo) as source control and I successfully connected databricks to the git repo.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mihai_Cog , 

Based on the given information, it seems that the user has successfully installed the Databricks extension and connected it to their Databricks account.

However, when they try to select a repo for syncing, they are unable to see it.

To resolve this issue, the user needs to follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the repo exists in the Databricks repo account. If it does not exist, the user needs to create it before syncing.
2. Open Visual Studio Code and navigate to the Databricks extension.
3. Click on the Databricks icon in the sidebar to open the extension.
4. In the Command Palette, search for the repo's name using the "Databricks: Sync Workspace" command.
5. Select the repository's name from the list that appears.
6. The extension will add the repo's workspace path to the code project's .databricks/project.json file.

By following these steps, the user should be able to select the repo for syncing in the Databricks extension.

Hello @Kaniz and thank you for the answer.

From the 4. step I cannot follow what you said.

When I am doing point 4., I am writing "Databricks: Sync Workspace", but seems hat doesn't exist this.

So, after I am opening Command Palette, I use "Preferences: Open User Settings" and there I find Extensions and inside I see Databricks.

After that I am looking for Destination Type:

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 18.14.41.pngScreenshot 2023-09-15 at 18.14.56.png

As you can see there, I modified from Workspace to Repo, I see nothing. I am going in the left side after I have added repo in the settings and still not seeing the Repo I already have created on Azure DevOps and cloned in Databricks Repo.

When I have in Settings changed from Workspace to Repo, and I am going in the left side of VSCode and preaa Databricks Icon, choose Sync Destination, I press Config Sync Destination and I see only:

Create new sync destination under /Repos/User/, but not displaying my Repo that is already in Databricks Repo.

And if I try to create the repo with the same name(RepoName my Repo that is already created in Databricks Repo) from "Create new sync destination", is creating a folder in Databricks repo with "RepoName.ide" in the end. 

Ok, I agree that can be a conflict because I have already the same RepoName created, but how I can get the already created RepoName, the one that exists and was cloned from Azure DevOps.

What I need is to have is the repo name from Azure DevOps.

Thank you.