cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running sql command on Single User cluster vs Shared.

udi_azulay
New Contributor II
Hi, 
when i am running the below simple code over my Unity Catalog on a Shared cluster, it works very well.
But on a Single User - i am getting : 

Failed to acquire a SAS token for list on /__unitystorage/schemas/1bb5b053-ac96-471b-8077-8288c56c8a20/tables/90a7830e-2d62-4b51-8e7b-64de6d367859/_delta_log due to java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: 403: Your token is missing the required scopes for this endpoint.

Please advice!

%python
from pyspark.sql import SparkSession

sql_query = f"SELECT * from z_product_engineering_mpe_mit_trace.trace_api.lot_at_operation limit 2"
# Create a Spark session
spark = SparkSession.builder \
    .appName("Python Spark SQL") \
    .getOrCreate()

# Read data from Databricks table into a DataFrame
df = spark.sql(sql_query)
display(df)
2 REPLIES 2

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please refer to the limitations here: https://docs.databricks.com/en/compute/access-mode-limitations.html . Please let us know if this helps. 

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group