cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing and Issues Related to Admin Role Changes

weilin0323
New Contributor II

Hello,

I would like to ask a question regarding user permissions.

Currently, all team members are admins. Recently, we plan to change the admin roles so that only I and another user, A, will be admins. The other members will retain general usage permissions, allowing them to read catalog data and perform SELECT operations normally. To test this change, I conducted the following experiments:

1. I tried to remove the Admin access of a team member, B, on the workspace admin settings page, but this resulted in him being unable to use functions such as the workspace and catalog.
  2. Additionally, I attempted to recreate an account: I created a new account, C, and assigned it as admin. After deleting it and recreating it with the same email, this account still has access to features that only admins can use.

I would like to ask what settings I might have missed or how I can configure this to achieve the desired outcome.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group