Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoML Trials Failing

miahopman
New Contributor II

Sometimes an AutoML experiment will have all trials fail and I cannot figure out what is causing it. Each individual run reports a validation f1 value but the source notebook is not available so I cannot track down the error. This seems to happen at random and sometimes an experiment that has previously worked will start failing even though it is triggered the exact same way with the same parameters. I have attached a screenshot of the view of the experiment runs when this issue occurs.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @miahopman, Did you check the dataset for errors, missing values or other anomalies affecting the AutoML performance?

miahopman
New Contributor II

I have excluded all missing values in the label column, as well as any labels with 16 or less examples in the training data. Can you provide more specifics about the anomalies that I should be checking for? 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.