Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Edition Login Issues Below is a list of troubleshooting steps for failing to login with email/password at community.cloud.databricks.com:   ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Community Edition Login Issues

Below  is a list of troubleshooting steps for failing to login with email/password at community.cloud.databricks.com:

Troubleshooting Tips

• Signing up for a Databricks trial will not give you access to Community Edition

• Note: If you never chose this ^ gray linked option upon sign in, you are not participating in the Databricks Community Edition.

If you signed up before May 14, 2022 -

• Please confirm that the email you are using upon re-sign in has the correct upper/lowercase convention you used to sign up. Both the username part and the domain part are case-sensitive. The email upper/lowercasing you signed up with can be found in your initial welcome email:

• Ex: if you are trying to sign in as john.smith (instead of John.Smith) @domain.net, you will get an error.

• Your domain needs to be all lowercase:
    • For example, John.Smith@YAHOO.COM should be entered as: John.Smith@yahoo.com.

• And if your email domain is one of the following: @gmail.com, @googlemail.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, enter your email as all lower case, remove any dots, and remove any “+” signs and everything after the plus sign from the username/email address.
    • For example, if you signed up as John.Smith+work@gmail.com, you should login as: johnsmith@gmail.com

If you are still running into issues, your workspace might be locked temporarily because of unusual activity, please reach out to feedback@databricks.com.

Thank you!

60 REPLIES 60

MikeW
New Contributor III
Don’t hold your breath - support on this forum is kind of a joke. Been stuck for months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a person who spends 40+ hours a week to make this forum great, that is hard to hear @Michael Weinhauer​ .

As you are likely well aware, the Community Edition is an unsupported product meaning that my team (a team that has nothing to do with the Community Edition product) takes time out of their busy days to try and track down all these issues.

We really appreciate your patience and of course wish we could deliver a better experience. I would definitely suggest looking into a different subscription option if access to official Databricks Support is that important to you.

Lastly, will you please confirm that you took the steps that Kaniz suggested above? Email is the best way to get in touch with the correct team that can help with Community Edition login issues. community@databricks.com .

Thanks for the candor - I'll be waiting for your reply so I can check in on what is going on with your account.

MikeW
New Contributor III
Hi Lindsay - I worried this might offend, and I apologize because I realize this isn’t the community’s fault per se. What’s missing seems to be the connection to the folks on the back end who could very easily solve this problem. If you’re going to have a community edition (even if it’s free), then support it and don’t leave people locked out indefinitely with zero course of action. That’s all I’m saying. No doubt you work hard and have a tremendous impact and you deserve kudos for that. Some of us are just frustrated because we literally can’t even log in. Thanks - Mike

MikeW
New Contributor III
Oh and I did follow the steps suggested in the other community article to no avail. Was going to try and delete my account and resubscribe barring other solutions. Thanks - Mike

MikeW
New Contributor III
OK so funny enough - I went back in and this time actually got an email - so, progress. Unfortunately no dice w the reset - I get "encountered an unknown error: Internal server error. Please contact support@databricks.com". So, not sure what to do from here, but still stuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael Weinhauer
mweinhau@yahoo.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikew You have every right to be frustrated! I wish the process was better - trust me, it's a topic of discussion every single day. Thanks for getting back to me 😊

dibo
New Contributor II

on https://community.cloud.databricks.com/login.html site, I login with correct username and password,

So I try Forgot Password, I receive email modify password, later, I modify password, But this operation is running, So Can't log?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dibo zhang​, Thank you for reaching out!

Let us look into this for you, and we'll follow up with an update.

Please drop an email at feedback@databricks.com.

jtLiBrain
New Contributor II

The same issues with me, my another account [REDACTED] is locked and I can't get into. And also can't reset the password. I have email to feedback@databricks.com many times, but no feedback. It was a terrible experience! Please help me !!!

image.png

shubhpatha
New Contributor II

Still not working for me, Can someone help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course! Please email feedback@databricks.com to contact the right people to help you @Shubhendra Pathak​ ! Thanks!

andresmesad09
New Contributor II

I'm getting the same error. And I don't receive the email to reset the password either.

You entered an invalid email or password, or your workspace access is locked because of unusual activity.

tweyens
New Contributor II

I used it for 1 afternoon, and then the next day I cannot log in again.

christys
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Andrés Mesa​ @Toon Weyens​ - We're sorry to hear that you're having log in issues on Community Edition! If you are still not able to log in after going through the updated troubleshooting tips in the above post, kindly email feedback@databricks.com, and our Technical Team can help you from there. Many thanks!

xxl4tomxu98
New Contributor III

Hi I have the same problem for a few months now. Perhaps related to May 2022 event? Anyways, I could not login my community edition site with the old password and can not reset password(got busy sign every time trying to reset password), my email is txu@guidehouse.com

@-mention @Linds @Kaniz

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.