Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load a pyfunc model logged with Feature Store

SOlivero
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm using Databricks Feature Store to register a custom model using a model wrapper as follows:

# Log custom model to MLflow
fs.log_model(
  artifact_path="model",
  model = production_model,
  flavor = mlflow.pyfunc, 
  training_set = training_set,
  registered_model_name = model_name,
  conda_env=model_env
)

The model is correctly serving and I can score batch using the model's uri:

fs.score_batch('models:/model_name/latest',
                dataset,
                result_type = ArrayType(StringType()))

What I can not do is to load the model using: 

import mlflow
import databricks.feature_store
mlflow.pyfunc.load_model('models:/model_name/latest')

I keep on getting the following error: 

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'databricks.feature_store.mlflow_model'

What is the correct way to load or log the model for this case? 

3 REPLIES 3

Siebert_Looije
Contributor

Hi 

Thanks for your message. Databricks made an example with a notebook (with dummy data) available how you can access and use these cases. This might gives a direction where to look for: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/_static/notebooks/machine-learning/feature-store-...

Hopefully this helps and else please send a message then I can have a look further.

Thank you for the help! 

I had already logged and score batch with my model. Nevertheless I can not do is to load the custom model object to another notebook with:

mlflow.pyfunc.load_model('models:/model_name/latest')

Kumaran
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hi @SOlivero 

Make sure that the model was in fact saved with the provided URI.

The latest keyword will retrieve the latest version of the registered model when mlflow.pyfunc.load_model('models:/model_name/latest') is executed, not the highest version. If you have not registered the model with the name model_name in the models registry you can try to load it using the full path:

mlflow.pyfunc.load_model("file:///path/to/the/saved/model")

where /path/to/the/saved/model represents the location where the model artifacts were saved during training (i.e the path where mlflow.pyfunc.save_model() was called during training).

If this doesn't help, check that you can access the model outside of the notebook. You could also check that the Databricks cluster you're running on has access to the Databricks models registry if that is where your model was saved.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.