cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
Dive into the world of machine learning on the Databricks platform. Explore discussions on algorithms, model training, deployment, and more. Connect with ML enthusiasts and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serving Endpoint Deployment

Pablo_Camacho
New Contributor

Hello Community,

I am seeking assistance with an issue related to serving a custom Hugging Face model (M2M100). I successfully registered the model in Unity Catalog using the MLflow Python libraries without any problems. However, when attempting to serve the model, the serving container consistently fails to initialize, returning the same error each time:

ERROR section from log:

5 146.8 building 'snappy._snappy' extension
#15 146.8 creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-311/src/snappy
#15 146.8 gcc -pthread -B /opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/compiler_compat -DNDEBUG -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -fPIC -O2 -isystem /opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/include -fPIC -O2 -isystem /opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/include -fPIC -I/opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/include/python3.11 -c src/snappy/crc32c.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-311/src/snappy/crc32c.o
#15 146.8 g++ -pthread -B /opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/compiler_compat -DNDEBUG -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -fPIC -O2 -isystem /opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/include -fPIC -O2 -isystem /opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/include -fPIC -I/opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/include/python3.11 -c src/snappy/snappymodule.cc -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-311/src/snappy/snappymodule.o
#15 146.8 src/snappy/snappymodule.cc:33:10: fatal error: snappy-c.h: No such file or directory
#15 146.8 33 | #include <snappy-c.h>
#15 146.8 | ^~~~~~~~~~~~
#15 146.8 compilation terminated.
#15 146.8 error: command '/usr/bin/g++' failed with exit code 1
#15 146.8 [end of output]
#15 146.8
#15 146.8 note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
#15 146.8 ERROR: Failed building wheel for python-snappy
#15 146.8 ERROR: Could not build wheels for python-snappy, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects
#15 146.8
#15 146.8
#15 146.8 CondaEnvException: Pip failed

I have attached the full log in case that someone wants to look at it.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this issue. Should additional information be needed to help identify the solution, I am more than happy to provide it.

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group