cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
Dive into the world of machine learning on the Databricks platform. Explore discussions on algorithms, model training, deployment, and more. Connect with ML enthusiasts and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serving endpoints: model server failed to load the model: the file bash was not found: uknown

tessaickx
New Contributor III

While trying to create a serving endpoint with my custom model, I get a "Failed" state:

Model server failed to load the model. Please see service logs for more information.

The service logs show the following:

Container failed with: failed to create containerd task: failed to create shim task: the file bash was not found: unknown

To me it is unclear what could be wrong. The model is a custom PythonModel, where a 

ConversationalRetrievalChain from langchain and a faiss vector store (in artifacts the path to dbfs is given) are used.

Does anyone have an idea about what could be causing this error? 

2 REPLIES 2

tessaickx
New Contributor III

Update: 

After minor changes in the code, my endpoint failed again but with a different error:

tessaickx_0-1694165345862.png

Does anyone have any ideas?

ravi-malipeddi
New Contributor II

I have faced the similar issue. still didn't find the right solution. In my case, the below is the error trace i found from service logs. Not sure where the issue could be

"An error occurred while loading the model. You haven't configured the CLI yet! Please configure by entering `/opt/conda/envs/mlflow-env/bin/gunicorn configure`."

These are the few things i have tried after did some research.

• Make sure the cluster ML compatible DBR, i used the 13.3.
  • Added all the libraries which required to the cluster directly in the cluster configuration.
  • Pip dependencies has been logged with the langchain model.
  • Tried to manually point out mlflow env in cluster configuration as per some of the blogs, but the UI is not showing the options like that.
  • Tried different compute combinations of end point configurations.
  • Configured the databricks CLI inside the cluster and make sure it has setup properly
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!