missing-QuestionPost
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks slack channel

Oliver_Angelil
Valued Contributor II

I would like to know if there is a Databricks slack channel? And if not, would anyone be interested in joining one?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

We are exploring integration with Slack; stay tuned for more updates !!

View solution in original post

Oliver_Angelil
Valued Contributor II

The community manager has gotten back to me privately and said they see no need for a slack channel since the community forums are sufficient. I have therefore started my own "databricks-clients" slack workspace.

Please click this link to join it (note, this link expires after 30 days).

You should also be able to join by going to this link: https://databricks-clients.slack.com

And please spread the word. The dream would be to fill this workspace with thousands of Databricks users, and where we can share ideas / seek support / showcase our business use-cases. 

@luanmenezes @YashP @karthik_p @pvignesh92 

Oliver_Angelil
Valued Contributor II

UPDATE:

Changed workspace name to databricks-users. Click here to join https://databricks-users.slack.com

Or click this link (expires in 1 month)

18 REPLIES 18

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Oliver Angelil​ I am interested

@karthik p​ I'm now thinking it should be more "official" to get more traction. @Suteja Kanuri​ could you consider creating a Databricks slack workspace?

pvignesh92
Honored Contributor

@Oliver Angelil​ Yes. That would be really good to have. I have seen slack channels for Delta Lake community and Data engineer communities but did not find anything specific to Databricks.

@Vigneshraja Palaniraj​ could you share the details about the slack channels for Delta Lake and Data engineer? I have not found any. Thank you! 🙏

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oliver Angelil​ :

We love your suggestions here. Truly this is such a passionate Community. We don't have slack channel for Databricks as of yet.

@Suteja Kanuri​ I can create a slack workspace unless you would like to (might come across as more "official" if you do it)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oliver Angelil​ : I shall definitely circle back to you about this 🙂 Love your enthusiasm here, thank you for being a trusted member in the Community.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Oliver Angelil​ , @Vigneshraja Palaniraj​ , and @karthik p​, Creating a Databricks Slack workspace could be a great initiative to foster a community and facilitate discussions among users. Let me get back to you all on this.

Oliver_Angelil
Valued Contributor II

@Kaniz Fatma​ appreciate it! Thanks for supporting the idea.

We are exploring integration with Slack; stay tuned for more updates !!

Thanks @Kaniz Fatma​ !!

Oliver_Angelil
Valued Contributor II

@Kaniz  any update on this?

kind reminder here @Kaniz 

Hi @Oliver_Angelil , I'm currently working on setting up a Databricks Community Slack channel. Stay tuned for updates!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.