Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missing-QuestionPost
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could not access the deltatable from databricks. Error : org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException:

Karthe
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am not able to access the delta table from the datbase.

While I try to read the table via spark.read.table command, I get the below error:

org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient

Here is the content from error log:

Fri Jun 9 05:57:38 2023 Connection to spark from PID 1377

Fri Jun 9 05:57:38 2023 Initialized gateway on port 44015

Fri Jun 9 05:57:38 2023 Connected to spark.

Tried to attach usage logger `pyspark.databricks.pandas.usage_logger`, but an exception was raised: <property object at 0x7fdd5dc448b0> is not a callable object

Fri Jun 9 06:04:15 2023 Connection to spark from PID 1629

Fri Jun 9 06:04:15 2023 Initialized gateway on port 37083

Fri Jun 9 06:04:16 2023 Connected to spark.

Tried to attach usage logger `pyspark.databricks.pandas.usage_logger`, but an exception was raised: <property object at 0x7f6e23727770> is not a callable object

Fri Jun 9 06:13:51 2023 Connection to spark from PID 1924

Fri Jun 9 06:13:51 2023 Initialized gateway on port 33139

Fri Jun 9 06:13:51 2023 Connected to spark.

5 REPLIES 5

Sandeep
Contributor III

@Karthikeyan Palanisamy​ , "Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient" - This can probably due to a connection issue with HMS. Can you check the connectivity?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Karthikeyan Palanisamy​ 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Sandeep Chandran​ ​ . Kindly share the information with us, and in return, we will provide you with the necessary solution.

Thanks and Regards

Karthe
New Contributor III
Hi Vidhula,
I am facing a issue with resetting the password of databricks community portal. Hence I am not able to reply.
I am trying to reply this via my email.
To answer your question, I am still facing the problem what I have earlier reported.
Regards,
Karthikeyan P

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Karthikeyan Palanisamy​ , I Noted your issue with resetting the password of Databricks community portal. Let us get you through it.

@Vidula Khanna​ , could you please help him?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Karthikeyan Palanisamy​ 

I hope you are doing great!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please specify that the issue is related to Databricks Community or Community -Edition or share the screenshot. Kindly, do let me know on a priority basis.

Have a great day.

Thanks and Regards

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.