cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Init Script not 'Absolute'

alexiswl
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to use an init script from my repo workspace.

The cluster is a 'personal compute' cluster with single user access mode with the following runtime version: '13.1 (includes Apache Spark 3.4.0, Scala 2.12)'

I have 'Files in Repos' set to 'DBR 8.4+' in my workspace settings.

I used the 'workspace' option (not dbfs, or s3) in the destination settings for the init script dropdown.

Unfortunately I am getting the following error on Cluster Startup.

```json

{

"reason": {

"code": "INIT_SCRIPT_FAILURE",

"type": "CLIENT_ERROR",

"parameters": {

"instance_id": "i-0f585b1a60a28a8b1",

"databricks_error_message": "BAD_REQUEST: requirement failed: /Workspace/Repos/services+databricks@umccr.org/data-portal-analytics/notebooks/RPackagesToInstall.sh is not absolute."

}

},

"add_node_failure_details": {

"failure_count": 1,

"resource_type": "container",

"will_retry": false

}

}

```

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Debayan

> Looks like it is not able to get the package from the repo.

Not sure what you mean by this?

I managed to resolve the issue (also couldn't find the log files after setting the logging to dbfs://cluster-logs/ which was strange).

In this case, I think had a sneaky space character before '/Workspace' which caused my issue.

After that resolved, I got an error saying that this path didn't exist.

My guess was that by selecting workspace in the destination settings dropdown menu, I was already in the /workspace directory.

Hence by using `/Repos/services+databricks@umccr.org/data-portal-analytics/notebooks/RPackagesToInstall.sh` instead I was able to run the init script successfully.

Is there any examples of init scripts when using repos available? I couldn't find any. This could be quite useful for others!

Alexis

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, could you please enable init script logging and provide the elaborated logs here? Looks like it is not able to get the package from the repo.

https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/init-scripts.html#init-script-logging

Also, please tag @Debayan Mukherjee​ with your next update so that I will get notified.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.